View Single Post
Old
05-13-2012, 03:05 PM
mcnorth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
For some reason LA is the the clear and away lesser of four evils...
Because they don't matter. It is like Columbus winning it. They've been around long enough, been close once, have some likable guys in the organization and some likable alumni. I mean, how do you root against Vachon and Dionne? And they're way west and we won't hear about it unless we seek it out. And we won't.

NYR winning it will be too big of a deal in the east. Ranger fans and bandwagoners. NHL front office. Tortorella smugness. NY smugness. And just b/c **** NY. Somehow it will also be b/c of Mark Messier's leadership.

NJ will be fine for me - but the Brodeur legend talk will be annoying, even if he's just along for the ride rather than the reason they win. I could see that being irksome to some. Also, unjustified as it is for this year's iteration, people will ring the death knell of offensive hockey and be up in arms and we'll be talking 'dead puck era' all over again.

Phoenix? Well file them under "Just haven't earned it yet baby." Also, if they win it... it'll somehow seem like Bettman was right or something. Even if the building is empty the night they win the SC. (just typing that made me shiver)