View Single Post
Old
05-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Of course it makes no sense to compare to Staal to Malkin and Crosby. But even when you consider Staal on his own he's not much better than a Plekanec with size. I'm banking on Gally or Forsberg to be much better than Staal or Pleks. Even if that's not a sure thing, I'm willing to take that risk. The amount of pressure there would be on Staal if we made the deal to trade our first overall pick will be unimaginable. As soon as Gally or Forsberg surpasses Staal (while making far less money) fans and media will be all over Staal and Bergevin. It's a safe deal to make but it's a heck of a dangerous one in the longterm.
Well, I'm not, but fair enough. And as far as "pressure" regarding his "worth" vs. a top draft pick, you are aware that he was drafted 2nd overall, and joined a team that just drafted Sidney Crosby 1st overall, and Malkin 2nd overall the year before that, right? But let's back up here... whose "first overall pick" are you talking about? "We" (as in the Habs) are picking 3rd, btw.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote