Thread: Proposal: Colorado-Montreal
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
You people do realize it was a Habs fan that suggested this? Can we just agree that neither team likes this.

As to Stastny vs Plekanec ?

Plekanec is 29

Stastny is 26

Plekanec: GP-551 G-142 A-221 P-363 (.659 PPG%)

Stastny: GP-427 G-126 A-248 P-374 (.876 PPG%)

Stastny is younger, has produced more in less years and is just as good as Plekanec on both sides of the puck. Eller + 3rd rounder does not make the difference between a 1st line center and a second line center. Get over it..
I have nothing to get over. I will happily keep Eller, Pleks and the 3rd round pick, you can enjoy Stastny and the extra 1.6 million he costs you for the whole 1 point more production...lol.

Both are good defensive forwards. Both have had average years in terms of producing points for the last 2 seasons. Let's see what your 1.6 million more per season bought you last year:

4 more goals. 3 less assists. 1 more point. A better +/- by 7. 27 less hits (I thought Stastny was supposed to be the more physical player since he is so much bigger and needs to be stronger in the west), 8 less blocked shots, 24 less giveaways, 16 more takeaways, and 6% better face off percentage.

It gets even closer if you look at the season before the one that just passed:

The got the exact same number of goals, assists, and points. Stastny was -7, Plekanec +8, Stastny had 21 more hits, but 14 less blocked shots. Stastny had a 53% faceoff winning percentage to Plekanec's 50%.

So, give me the extra 1.6 million in cap space along with what Plekanec brings to our team, Eller, and the 3rd round pick over Stastny. Like I have maintained, Stastny, IS a BIT of an upgrade over Plekanec, and the age has a lot to do with that, but not to the degree that he would be worth taking on 1.6 million more dollars of salary cap space AND losing Eller and a 3rd round pick. If you think Stastny is that much better, and can not see why he isn't, well, maybe YOU should "get over it".

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote