View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 02:37 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He is still a very frustrating player. Points totals do not tell the whole thing, he is still very inconsistent and at time a bad decision maker. I cringe when he's behind the net battling it out with forwards for loose pucks. Of course, it doesn't help when Stu Bickel is his defense partner.
Still, he is no longer the Del Zaster he use to be. He has grown immensely to become a very responsible D-man. And really, who woulda thunk that was possible.

Tort's has total confidence in him, which is a far cry from just one year ago. He has matured way beyond his years. You could see his maturity and confidence in interviews and on the ice. His decision making is ten fold better than what it used to be. Torts using him in all situations and logging 23 minutes a game,... is a testimonial to his growth as a responsible defensemen.

No longer are the conversations about his defensive lapses. In one short year, we have witnessed the emergence of a top defensemen for years to come. I think we have seen something special this year.

10 goals, 31 assist, 41 points, 5th in scoring on the club. A +20 +/- in logging better than 22 minutes per game. Blocked more shots than Cally with 95, 3rd best behind Girardi, Mickey D. 156 hits, most of them punishing, like the hit on Ovie and Chris Neil last series. And less giveaways than either Girardi or Mickey D. He had a very good year, and it's continuing through the playoffs. 3rd in scoring behind Richards and Gabby with 8 pts. 2nd in hits behind Cally with 47. Logging 22 minutes a game with a +2.

Needless to say, I much more prefer ripping him for missing the net, than any other previous shortcummings. Way to go MDZ. You are a stud.

Last edited by ohbaby: 05-14-2012 at 02:49 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote