Old
05-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I like your team, I agree with you on Gaustad, he'd be the best fourth line centre in the league, but 2.6 is pretty steep for that position. It's alright if it's just something like two years though. I'm not sure I could deal with watching Penner for a full season though, especially if he and Bourque are both in the lineup.
Bourque, Penner, and AK all... well, we wouldn't lack for risk factor. I don't know who the coach is or how he brings them all together or gets them all to play to their potential. Probably no coach can. I straight out don't like Bourque or Penner, and am somewhat ambivalent on AK, but we do need depth on the wings, and maybe if you have enough of those guys, their slumps can't possibly all overlap... some will be hot just long enough to offset the others being cold?

Anyway, we do need a couple more wingers who at least have some potential to score. I definitely want to pursue it on the UFA market with just Mr. Molson's money, though, I don't want to try making trades when we don't really have enough depth to trade from.

I probably need to scour the FA list a bit more carefully too. But as a fan who actually isn't paid to put together the 100+-page report, I'm always wary of putting too much time on that until we get closer to July 1st, because a bunch of the guys who are on it now won't be by then.