Old
05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Agreed, Pang is awesome. Wish they'd pair him with Emrick, bring us back to the 'NHL Faceoff' days
I actually like Strader more than I like Emrick. In fact Strader/Pang/Engblom >>> Emrick/Olcyzk(or however his damned name is spelled)/McGuire and its not even close in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Getting in on the ground floor with OLN and riding up with them as VS, then getting to the penthouse as NBC Sports (now that's an extended metaphor!) was a great move by the league, but I don't think either side saw this endpoint at the start. A lot fell into place just right.

The next step is to dial down the damn matinees, but afternoon sports seems too ingrained in the American culture for that to happen. Still, I'd like to see them try.
At least move the matinees from noon to something reasonable like 3pm. And They need to man up and get some Sunday night prime time games on NBC proper before the Cup Finals round. Maybe a few Saturday night prime time games too. It's not like NBC has lucrative original programming on Saturday nights in prime time. No one does.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote