View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Yep. The reason why you can't call this year a failure (though it arguably wasn't a success either) is that Dale made major strides in remedying the mental fragility of this group - a step that was absolutely necessary for them to have any chance of making playoff noise this year or in the future. He also gave them a sense of the commitment and work ethic needed for such success.

Did he get the most of out of the group's collective skill set -- on the D side, yeah; on the O side, there's still more to be done and because it's not clear to me that he could do it, it's not killing me that he's going. But I certainly appreciate what he did for the team.
This sums it up pretty well.

Either way, this "(Not So) Young Guns" Caps team is going to start the 2012-2013 season with their fourth coach in six years. Assuming the new coach has a new system (hopefully designed to play off the team's strengths) it will be, what, the fifth system this core has learned? I hope they pick the right guy (and the right system) for this specific lineup this time around.

But yeah, who is even out there that anybody would want?

HeyMattyB is offline   Reply With Quote