View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
SH15

vCash: 500
While I acknowledge and give full credit to the Russian victories in the past two WJHC's, things will be a lot different in a 4 game series. The Russians will not want any part of the physical Canadian game by the time the puck drops for the 3rd period of Game 1, let alone Games 2-4. It will be a lot of fun to watch but I truly think Russia will be steamrolled. Call me biased though, I suppose. And I say this with all respect for Russian hockey and Canada's greatest hockey rival (anyone who says USA is nuts)

To put it in relative terms, think of the World Championships. It means everything to Russia, it is of utmost importance. For Canada, we want to win, but it's not the end of the world if we don't. Same thinking but reversed for this type of Junior Series. You can guarantee Canada will come to play right from puck drop, and it won't take long for it to become more of a fun exhibition for the Russian players. Meanwhile Canada will still be trying to put them through the endboards on every dump and chase.

The above is just my opinion and how I see it shaking out. I mean no disrespect to our Russian friends here. I don't think the Russian kids will take it nearly as seriously as Canada, and that will affect the final results.

SH15 is offline   Reply With Quote