View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 11:54 AM
irishlaxburger2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Guys, I ain't making this stuff up. Next time you are in the Garden you can look at the ends of the rebuilt 300 section and see where they elevated the seating using metal forms over existing concrete. I am sure there will be some limited demolition and concrete work but they are not tearing out all of the concrete in the 300 and 400 levels and replacing it with new concrete. I've spoke with Garden executives and they have confirmed this. Yes they are making the seating steeper. There is a pencil drawing on The Garden site that shows how the sight lines will change when the seating is elevated.
My question is how will they change the sightlines/make the upper bowl steeper without actually shifting a lot of concrete around. I'm not a construction person or engineer, so I know very little on the issue, but common sense leads me to believe it's close to impossible without making a wholesale change in the concrete structure.

I've seen the cross section view comparing the old sightlines/steepness of the upper level with the new. It's a pretty drastic shift.