05-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
but wanted to get your reactions.
I am confused.

I thought you all would be devastated losing Hunter.
The Caps were a mess with a lot of infighting.
I have never seen a Caps team work so hard as they did; most of you disliked how the 2010 club was all about scoring and no grinding.
Plenty of fans overreacted to the loss to Montreal. It's no surprise that people were upset. But the polar opposite is obviously not the answer, either.

Quote:
I thought DH changed all this...but yet most of you aren't upset he is leaving. Am I missing something?

At the start of the season making it to game 7 round 2 would have been a disappointment but considering where the Caps were early Spring I thought this was something to build upon.
Why do you think the team was in that position in early spring? Hunter's style works well for a 7 seed who's outgunned, but we were playing like a 7 seed all season long under him. We have the horses for a much different fate.

Quote:
It looks now like DH was nothing but a hired gun...a deadline player who is walking and you have to start from scratch.

Don't get why the coach left either since I thought he did a good job.
He left because he preferred his life in London to his life here. Pretty simple really. He has a good thing going up there.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote