View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Just from the stand-point of getting a potential future LHD (even if it may be 2-4 years down the road), I wouldn't be upset hearing the Blues call one of these guys names on draft day:

Hampus Lindholm, Brady Skeji, Esa Lindell, Mikko Vainonen, Zakhar Arzamastsev, Ludvig Bystrom

The d-prospects currently in the system are a little underwhelming compared to what we've seen in the past 5-6 years. Ponich, Edmundson, Fairchild, Hakanpaa, Cundari, Shields & Beukeboom may produce exactly ZERO full-time NHL'ers...it's time to replenish the system. I'd be fine with 7 d-men drafted this year, and hope for a home-run.

(though bpa is always the way to go...even if that means 7 forwards are taken)
Matheson has better upside than Skjei and is much less boom or bust. MM was really highly touted coming into the USHL this year but struggled at the beginning of the year and that is when most scouts start forming their opinions about where his draft status would be espcially a kid coming out of midget in Quebec. If you have a slow start and the Central Scouting guys only see you a handful of times the rest of the season your ranking is going to suffer.

Matheson would be a steal at #25.

I've talked about this kid a lot and have seen him in person 10 times. He's going to be a great player and hopefully stays the collegiate route and heads to BC.

Here's a good article on him:

http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...ry.php?sid=454

TheOrganist is online now   Reply With Quote