View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 02:09 PM
sunnydaycrash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Well, I admit that I'm not as close an observer of the Caps as anyone here, but Bodreau often appeared flummoxed to me and unable to adapt for long stretches of lagging play.

I was surprised that he was not let go last summer. Actually, for that, people would be correct to blame George for not making that move. But, from the DC press, it seemed to me that Ted may have wanted Bodreau to stay more than George did, but that's just my gut feeling. I don't actually know the story there.

I do feel confident in saying that the Caps would likely not have even made the playoffs, and probably would've lost to Boston with Bruce behind the bench. Again, just my feeling. Hunter got you within a goal of Round 3.
Boudreau was and is a very good coach, but ti was time for him to go,....Dale did a bloody good job as an NHL coach considering he coached in the O and had no NHL coaching experience.....but I`m glad he`s going back to London.

Winning the Stanley Cup is all about timing.....being healthy, getting on that hot streak, having a good coach ( all you need is a good coach, Stanley Cups make good coaches great) and a good balanced team. I honestly think we`re a 2C and another Veteran D away from being a good balanced team......now we just need a good coach.

In regards to good coaches being great coaches?
Look at Crawford and Hartley.....they`re good coaches, not great coaches...Joe Sakic, Perter Forsberg, Adam Foote and Patrick Roy made them look great.