Thread: Speculation: Would you take Carle back?
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think he is fine if he signs below market value. His defensive play isnt that good though, advanced stats and watching him play shows it. Thats a fact. That being said though, he is a solid 3-4, but shouldnt be relied on as a #1 defender which Lavy has done at times. He isn't a #1 and Lavy doing that allows Carle's mistakes to not only be noticed more but increased. So if he signs below market value. (4.3 ish) I think I'll be fine with that. That being said though, when you are considered what, the 2nd best d-man, in a weak FA defense class, I can't see him not asking for more money. There WILL be a team that will offer him around 6 mil, and thats WAY to much.
Come again? He had the 2nd best Corsi while facing the 3rd toughest competition and one of the tougher zone starts out of our regulars. That's with Bourdon as his most regular partner during the season. He is a lot better defensively than people realize. He isn't a #1, but he's a good 2/3. I wouldn't pay him $6M, but I wouldn't have any problem with going to $5M.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote