05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
Brodeur
Lundqvist
Smith
Quick

This point forward, you have to go with Brodeur. He's the most experienced and the least phased by the pressures that go with increasingly important games.

The history and sample sizes on both Smith and Quick don't give me the biggest confidence, despite their stellar play. I remember a player named LEIGHTON who had a nice run, a LONG TIME AGO, many of you won't remember.

Lundqvist has been magnificent, but so have the NYR defense, Girardi, McD, DelZotto, Staal and their forwards are collapsing in front of him, clearing every rebound and keeping those close games close. But even Henrik said at the beginning of the playoffs that he has much to prove. So does Luongo.

Brodeur's the only guy who's DONE IT so he's my pick for the best goalie going forward. He's got the absolute worst defense in front of him in these playoffs. He's had to make more difficult saves than the others and he's the type who gets better as the games increase in importance. I wouldn't bet against Marty and the Devils. With Kovy playing the way he is, a healthy Zajac and Henrique playing well, nice addition on Ponikarovsky in a proper complementary role, hell (pun intended), even Zidlicky looks somewhat competent in these playoffs.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote