Thread: Speculation: Would you take Carle back?
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
You're looking at the wrong thing.

The first link is: Average Corsi of opposing players, weighted by head-to-head ice time.

It would be more accurate to look at:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...2+13+14+15+16#

Corsi Relative is more accurate.

The second link is: Corsi Quality of Teammates
Average Corsi of Teammates, weighted by ice time together.

The 2nd one doesn't even have to do with him. It's the Corsi of his teammates he is on ice with.
See thats what I disagree with, I think looking at the relative corsi vs. who he is up against, is better to compare instead of just looking at just +/- corsi. So in other words, the 2nd one is taking into account the +/- which we all know is one of the worse stats in hockey.

The second one is relevant because it needs to be considered when looking at his competition. You can not just say he is great defensively and not look who he is on the ice with.

Your second I think is the most flawed. Honestly just look at the players who are after Timonen and Carle. Im a huge Gustafsson fan, but here it ranks him third, while Meszaros's worse season has him as 4th. Also going by that stat says that Lilja was better than Grossmann was when he was on the ice vs. off. When looking at these stats, one really needs to take in multiple angles. Who he is on with, who he is playing against, etc etc.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote