View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 05:42 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
The Islanders are staying right where they are--they have a young team and I expect that if they don't blow things up again they are going to get better. Tavares is a guy you can build a team around--a young Brad Richards only even more creative and a better goal scorer. He makes players that play with him better.

If I'm looking at the entire NHL--the Pens are the only team I think that are capable of putting back to back championships together and it's primarily because of star power and those two guys are horses and Jordan Staal as well. Fleury had an uncharacteristically bad performance in this year's playoffs and I wouldn't expect that again. The thing is it's just too hard these days to win two in a row. Between cap considerations and the shortest recovery time and every team looking at you as the team to test themselves against and IMO that derailed Boston this year and Chicago the year before.

My Rangers are in great part a young team in the process of finding itself. It's greatly encouraging that they played so well this season and continue on deeper into this year's playoffs. I don't take winning against the Devils for granted--we'll have to see what happens and I'd rather not predict but I'm hopeful anyway. A day at a time and a game at a time approach is a correct one-- and even if we don't win in the end this experience should help our younger guys grow. Whether we're Rangers fans or Devils fans we happen to be what we are and at the end of the day we're just guys and gals who root for their team and it's just a game--there are more serious things and also much more that we have in common than not.