View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 06:08 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Are the Tampa Bay lighting about to start a decline?

in 2011 the Tampa bay lighting made it to the conference final fast forward one year and they missed the playoffs and Now I have to ask was 2011 the best chance they will have to win a cup for a few years? are they about to start a decline?

Yes I know they have Stamkos and headman and those are great building blocks but They traded away both Steve Downie and Kubina,, St louis while he is a great player will be 37 before the season starts. Malone will be 33 on his next birthday, Vinny is 31 and his point production has been going down the past 3 seasons, Plus they don't know if Ohlund will ever play again and they hve no goalie right now.

The goalie situation I do believe will be fixed by trading with Vancouver but what will the price be? are they going to want to dump is contract? or will they want a big winger in Return maybe something built around Malone? and if he is moved that leaves another hole in their scoring.

Am I the only one that can see a little bit of a retooling job needed in TB over the next couple years? I'm not going to call it a complete rebuild cause any time you have Stamkos and Headman I don't think thats needed however their are some aging parts on the lighting and some holes to fill.