View Single Post
Old
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I honestly thought that the defense/counter-punch system we used in some of the Pittsburgh games was extremely effective. There's no reason to play a highly defensive system like St. Louis employed with our personnel, but there is also no reason why there can't be accountability for blown assignments, especially from our forwards.

Basically, I could live with a few odd man breaks associated with our forwards flying up the ice or our D-men being aggressive on the pinch, but the abysmal in-zone coverage on defense when the other team has established possession isn't a by-product of a system so much as it is an issue of personnel accountability, attention to that side of the ice in practice, and overall coaching. The front of the net was vacated far, far too often.

Absolutely. These are NHL quality Dmen that don't know how to swing coverages as the puck is cycled. Fwds that are not strong on or to the puck. There's some basic stuff that needs to be fixed. I thought we looked fantastic defensively against Pitt but guess that was an anomaly.

If we tighten things up in our own end we should be a monster team with the Fwds and lavis offense system. I like how nashville plays in their own end a lot