View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 02:43 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Well the fact remains the teams bottom lines went from a weakness to a strength almost overnight.

Kevin Westgarth seems like a nice guy, as does Trent Hunter. But they aren't NHL caliber players.

TM just had no clue what he was doing, it's becoming more and more clear he was the thing holding the Kings back. I was wrong in saying the pieces weren't there for him, the way this team has played under Sutter they are proving the pieces clearly were there, TM just had no clue how to out them together.

There was a shift tonight where the fourth line had a cycle going for the entire shift against the Vrbata line. That would have never happened with a TM team and his obsession with goons and toughness on the bottom lines. DS actually gets it and it's great to see. The Kings have the best group of forwards 1-12 of any team I have seen since Chicago in 2010. Every line is playing their roles perfectly, there are no liabilities and no passengers on this squad. Everyone from Kopitar and Brown to Fraser and Nolan are contributing in there own way.
Understand what you're saying but would it be fair to say that King and Nolan were ready then? I mean I honestly think that DL signed Moreau and Hunter as stop-gap filler for those two. So perhaps TM went along with that. Who knows. Credit goes to DS for going to Manchester to see for himself though.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote