View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 03:26 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Dude same thing with me, and I've been skating for a year and a couple of months. I "can" stop with both feet left foot forward, but my right foot's outside edge doesn't slide as gracefully as it should. It kind of like vibrates or bounces? I don't know how to put it.. but it's not as smooth as my left foot is when I'm stopping with my right foot forward. I suppose this is just getting more weight on that outside edge of the back foot.
My right side is fine, I can do right inside edge plus left outside edge. Trouble is with left inside edge plus right outside edge.

My right foot isn't accustomed to doing that type of turn yet because I haven't really forced myself to do so. Same goes for my hip. I can turn my hips left for a right side stop, but turning right for a left stop is... Awkward.

Now I've reached a stage where I don't really force myself to get out of my comfort zone as often as I'd like. I still need to work on my backward crossovers, backward skating and left side two foot hockey stop.

I'll start moving to the more advanced skating workouts after I'm comfortable with doing those - though I already kinda started on a few.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote