View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 04:49 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
I mean......at times it looked as though we were a bottom of the league team and with the players we have, that shouldn't ever happen. This is how I don't get it though, it worked out fine against the devils during the regular season, why was is so much worse in the playoffs? I mean the regular season games were never total domination like this series was, and with the injuries I think that no doubt had to do with it, cause Timonen, Grossmann, Voracek, JVR and I forget the other 2 that were having surgeries done afterwards
The Devils were a lot better in that series than they were against us in the regular season games. They'd gotten Zajac back to form, which helps them a great deal of course, but they also got a lot out of their depth players, guys like Ponikarovsky and Bernier for instance. They were great on the forecheck. Couple that with us having some injury troubles and being a team with a lot of young and inexperienced players and it's not that strange that we didn't go that deep in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
2010 Chicago Blackhawks say whats up. It changes from year to year. Sometimes its depth, sometimes its an elite goalie, sometimes its super tight defense. Don't try and mimic whatevers hot right now. Prepare a team to say in different types of games. It doesn't have to be ONE system.
Agreed. One year the winning formula is to have a few reallly big stars and then just fill out the team from there, the next it is all about depth. One of the reasons I'm hoping that the Flyers have a fairly quiet off season is because I hope they've finally settled on a strategy that they will follow, instead of react to whatever won the cup the previous season.