View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 07:39 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
George is afraid to pull off a deal big enough that would make him look like a clown should it fail, and thus he will never even try for a blockbuster. He prefers to build through the draft. But when you lose your top end talent guys like Semin or Kuz for nothing, it's a failed strategy. Lets see what Varly fetches and talk in 3 years.

I will be very disappointed if George waits until August to hire a coach. If he signs some offensive studs in the meantime, I won't celebrate until I see how he uses them. A damn plumber can be a checker and paying a guy like Semin 6M to be a defensive first forward is a bad investment. He should target a litter of Beagles.
Yeah the coaching decision should come before UFA period starts for sure..but knowing George he will wait til after...why else would he have Hunter there for the draft?? He's assuming he's not gonna have a coach in place before then...if I'm not mistaken the UFA period starts not long after the draft which would leave a very short window for hiring a guy.

McPhee seems confused. He drafts/signs and gives massive contracts to high end offensive players and then chucks them time and time again (Wilson's center lock, Hanlon, BBs trap, Hunterhockey) into all out defensive systems. He can't seem to make up his mind on how he wants to go..its always shifting.