View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 09:27 AM
donkers*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
I ignored the rest of your ridiculous post because I've already responded to the exact same trash before, but this one got me.

Firstly, Canadian North is the name of the airline that I worked for at the time that I last changed my name. Secondly, I definitely think LA deserves to have a hockey team. Same goes for San Jose and Anaheim. All three cities do a great job of supporting their teams. All I'm stating is the simple fact that, outside of California, those teams are entirely irrelevant. How many Kings fans would you find in Vancouver? How about Toronto? Montreal? New York? Boston? Little to none. As for Phoenix, the numbers speak for themselves. There aren't even a decent amount of fans in Arizona, let alone anywhere else in the world. As for Jersey, one poster explained it earlier. It's a saturated market. With the Rangers, an original six team with the kind of history that they have, being so close to the Devils, it's hard for them to draw a strong fan base. In addition to that, the Islanders, Bruins, Sabres...even the Flyers and Penguins aren't very far from New Jersey.

The Rangers are the only team left with a strong fanbase throughout North America and Europe. Original six team, one of the most wealthy teams in the NHL, they play at MSG, they have this habit of signing everybody's favorite player at some point, etc.

Anyways, I think I'm through with arguing the same points over and over. You folks enjoy the boring hockey, if the Kings and Coyotes style can even be considered "hockey". I'll spend the next couple of weeks watching good hockey
That's a pretty bold assumption. Care to back it up with any sort of facts? Or are you one of those people who make up numbers to support their arguments.

donkers* is offline   Reply With Quote