View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 02:01 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMarleauLeafs View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace.

I'm one of the GMs taking part in the annual TML HFboards fantasy draft game. In this game we basically draft and trade to create a team of 22 men. Judges select the winner based on which team they think has the best chance to win the cup this year. This means potential doesnt matter in this draft. Also, injured players are judged based on their performances from the previous year. Only players who played this year in the NHL can be selected. Also since its a 30-team draft teams will be pretty close to actual NHL calibre teams (that means its not realistic that someone would be able to gather a team full of all-stars).

Anyway, getting to the point. I selected David Desharnais with one of my picks to be my 2nd line center. I really like the pick. Now i'm getting flak because other GMs don't believe he is a capable 2nd line center. Can Hab fans give me a good scouting report on Desharnais and what they think about him in the role of 2nd line center?

Here is what other GMs had to say in the draft:

Here is my lineup so far (if you want to give me an opinion on my team as a whole as well, i'd appreciate it):

Ray Whitney - Henrik Sedin - Jeff Carter
James Van Riemsdyk - David Desharnais - Kyle Okposo
Alex Steen - Chris Kelly - ________
_________ - Paul Gaustad - ________

Brian Campbell - Victor Hedman
Sheldon Souray - Michael Sauer
Shane O'Brien - __________

Miikka Kiprusoff

First and foremost your opinions on Desharnais. Please and Thank you.
DD is a unique player, and one most of us would not be surprised to see us lead us in total points next season. He's a pure offensive scoring line center best suited to be surrounded in the top 6 by a big defensively strong center and big skilled wingers with skill. he has a real chance at 70+ points next year as he is still getting better...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote