View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Actually we don't know this. There is no evidence since no canadian team won SC since Olympics are played with best-on-best format.
Actually we do have evidence since on a number of occassions polls have been done through the Sports media here in Vancouver as to which is more important to win and overwhelmingly the Stanley Cup people wanted more. The results weren't even close. And I think the poll done on Team1040 resulted in something like 80% of people saying they would trade in the Gold Medal in an instant to win the Stanley Cup.

I know for many people over on the other side of the pond they don't get just how much more important the Stanley Cup is to Canadians.... but it just is and it's not even close.

I don't know a single person here in Vancouver that wouldn't trade away the Gold Medal to win the Stanley Cup. And the poster I was talking to above who is from Vancouver is the first time in my life I've ever heard anyone say they'd rather have a Hockey Gold Medal than a Stanley Cup championship....

Uhmkay is offline   Reply With Quote