View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 02:27 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Lol. Using +/- to determine defensive ability is pretty lulz.

I think on a cup contending team, DD will be the ideal 3rd line 'easy opposition' center, like Briere was in Philly. Also needs to be used a ton on the PP as his vision really is quite great. For our team, he's more than an adequate second line center.
I guess that using +/- isn't always ideal, but its still a good inductor. DD has always been good defensive before coming to the NHL, in the AHL, he played the PK, and did play some PK time in MTL, a lot more in his first year. And on top of that , neither Patches nor Cole are great defensively, and at no point was that line every horrible in its own end at any point of the season.

Also I don't buy that he is a 3rd line. IMO he is a good 2nd line on a team with a legit 1st line Centre, IMO for it two work in MTL, Plek needs to return to his 65-70 point form, and Eller must also find a way to get in the 40-45 point, which is harder seeing how he doesn't get PP time. And also, he put up 61 point playing vs every teams top D pairings, its not like he was doing it vs bottom 2 pairings.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote