View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 02:31 PM
BusQuets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Listen, you can sit here and argue with me all you want. It's obviously you've never seen first hand how important the Stanley Cup is over here. Don't get me wrong, the Olympics were great. I had the opportunity to be at EVERY hockey game that was played at the Olympics (I worked there) and had a great time. I take nothing away from the Olympic Hockey tournament for what it is....

.... but you apparently haven't ever seen first hand how important the Stanley Cup is to Canadians. You ask any Maple Leafs fan if they could win a Stanley Cup in 2014 or the Gold Medal.... I DOUBT you find any who say they'd rather win at the Olympics. Ask Flames fans... Canuck Fans... Jets fans...

I know how Europeans can't understand why we don't take the international tournaments more seriously... we just don't.

The Olympics are important to Canadians, at least since it's become best on best, and we don't know if that will be the case in Sochi. The World Championships are a complete joke. They're played when the MOST important tournament for hockey is on, when many of the best players in the world aren't even able to compete. How can you say it's the WORLD championships when the WORLDS best players can't even play?!!?

They should change the name of the World Championships to "Championship for players whose teams sucked in the NHL so we are giving them something else to keep playing for" because the reality is that's all it is.

I don't know about the fans but almost every player in canada rates olympic win bigger than stanley cup.

BusQuets is offline   Reply With Quote