Old
05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Parise is sought after by every team in the NHL. If you look at every team's "off-season plan", it all includes Parise.

I just don't get how Parise can fit in our lineup when we don't even have Quick or Voynov locked in long term. I just feel like if we add anymore high priced players, we're going to push out our homegrown talent when their contract is up.

Let's say Parise takes Penner and Stoll's contract. Okay, that leaves us with one hole that, let's just say, we plugin with a rookie. When Quick is up, we give him Gagne's contract and a some more, which again, takes away from the other spots that is already at the bottom of the payroll. Then we have no money for Voynov? Just doesn't make sense to me unless we get rid of Carter.
The cap will continue to grow. The rumor is that it will be close to $70 million next season, depending on if there is a CBA "roll-back". With the new TV contract and Winnipeg attendance, the cap will continue to grow.

If the cap was static, then I would agree with you, but it isn't and I don't see it dropping any time soon. The Kings don't have any unmovable contracts. Richards is the only contact with a NTC/NMC.

Dean hasn't lost anyone due to cap miss-management, I don't see that changing.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote