Thread: Confirmed with Link: Reilly Smith signed to ELC, assigned to Dallas
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

vCash: 500
The ELC thing doesn't really bother me it's the whole play him, don't play him, play him 5 minutes on the 4th line, then sit him but yeah since we're out we'll play him 15+ minutes in one final game. It's a clusterfrak from the word go. Niewendyk needed to have a frank conversation with Gulutzan and that apparently didn't happen.

Yeah I think Niewy blew it and over estimated Smith's presence and ability in regards to whether he could make the straight jump and make a difference. That's on him but again Gulutzan played it safe, went the veteran route that got them nowhere in the first place and that's not a good indication as far as what's going to happen this upcoming year.

Larsen was babied till he basically played as our best defenseman. Vincour was stuck on the 4th line till injuries had him moving up. Jordie Benn was hidden in his little time here and the team did everything it could to accommodate older players; giving them prime minutes in key situations they never should have gotten. I don't want Dillion getting 20 minutes a night from the get go but I also don't want him hovering at 12 either.

Robidas, Sourey, Ott, and Morrow have done nothing to show they've earned big minutes yet we keep putting them out there for them. At some point a change has to be made or more of the same results will continue to occur.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote