View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Superman33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
As far as I know, there are no broomball leagues around the Philadelphia area. Most non-Canadians probably don't know much about the sport, if anything at all. Here's a highlight package of some advanced broomball players:

I post this because I'm in the process of possibly starting a league at Iceworks in Aston, PA. So, if such a league would be offered in the Philadelphia area, would you be interested in forming a team?
My cousin's boyfriend starting playing this, and now he has my brother-in-law hooked. They play somewhere in Roxborough on the weekends, so you might be able to play there. Apparently they provide all of the equipment, the first time you go it is free and then it is ten dollars every time after that...aka the drug dealer approach.

I am an ice hockey snob though, and most likely will never play. I live in the burbs, so Roxborough is a hike for me, and since I am a goalie I can play for free public hockey at my local rink 15 minutes from my house.

Also, I equated floor ball to Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee is to Football what Floor Ball is to Hockey. Although, I do love me some Ultimate. I just feel like if I can still play hockey, why play hockey lite?

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote