Old
05-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
What more can you say about John Tavares? He is such a boss. In the history of this tournament he's in the top 5 goal scorers for Canada. He's only two behind Stevie Y for 4th all time, and he might catch him tomorrow.

That's unimaginable for a 21 year old kid.

He finished 7th in NHL scoring this year too. Bar none he's the most underrated young superstar I've seen in ages. He's such a smart and skilled player, doesn't get enough respect.

I love how he just excels on the big ice too, there are a few people out there who still think he's slow or one dimensional, he just dominates the boards and makes people look silly with his under cover wheels and sick hands. I love watching him rip up the Worlds. He's been Canada's best forward for three years straight now.
Tavares is a stud. Love that he's accepted the invitation three years running, too - I hope that's something he continues to do even as his star rises in the NHL. I understand people with injury issues/new kids/etc. not going, but I definitely frown when guys decline the invite for no apparent reason.

As for the quarterfinal, Canada needs to stay disciplined. IMO, that's their one big weakness is keeping cool heads. Two defensemen kicked out in a one-sided affair against Belarus for stupid hits from behind shows that the problem is still there, they just haven't faced a team that could make them pay for it. Slovakia has enough skill to do that.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote