View Single Post
Old
03-24-2006, 10:33 AM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO
No, actually it's very true and common sense. The whole point of heat molding is the stretching and...HEATING...of composite materials. When you stretch and heat these materials, they become weaker. The internal and external liners lose their stiffness faster. Some sections of the boot will just "rip" far faster from heat molding.
I have a 6+ year old pair of Graf's that prove other wise. They were baked once during fitting and they are in excellent condition. I usually play year round too so they are getting plenty of use.

I'm heading to the hockey expo tis weekend. Bauer, CCM and RBK will be there. I am going to ask one of the reps about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-mite fan
I was shown the difference of boots from a buddy who runs a big shop. Where the breakdown of skates from baking comes is from one or both of two reasons; 1-boot not entirely stiched but glued together (most lower end skates have alot of cosmetic stiching that offers NO structural support), and or 2-skates have been "baked" more than twice or improperly done once (like over-heated).
That's what I meant by "suppose to be heat molded and done correctly".