Thread: Speculation: Would you take Carle back?
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I said my piece, and I'm not changing my mind. Nothing you can say is going to alter my position on Carle, his abilities, or his worth to the team relative to signing Suter instead. I've based this opinion on years of watching him as a Flyer. You aren't going to change my mind because of a couple articles I disagree with, and all the condescension in the world won't fix that. My position is just as valid as yours, even though I know you will disagree haughtily because of something someone else said somewhere.

So, I've said what I have to say, and I'm done. I've been down this road before, and I know it's less productive and worthwhile than smashing my head open with a hammer and using the claw to tear my brain out.

You can claim that what you say are facts. That doesn't make it any more true or valid than my opinion. Watch this: My opinion is fact, because other humans agree. See, I can do it too.
I have zero interest in changing your mind. I could really care less about that. I'm simply trying to show that your opinion can't be backed up with facts to support it. I've offered information that contains factual evidence to support my opinion. You have not, and cannot. That's what clearly makes my opinion more valid then yours. I haven't offered other humans agreeing as facts. I've offered the actual facts in the articles I posted as facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
And he has won what?????

OK, I'll play. What have you ever won? What NHL team has ever paid you to analyze talent?
I never made any claims to winning anything or ever being paid to analyze talent. I don't see how what Holmgren has won is relevant. he clearly has the credentials to back up his opinion as a professional Hockey man. Who is paid to analyze talent.

Last edited by VanSciver: 05-15-2012 at 07:57 PM.
VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote