Thread: Proposal: Colorado-Montreal
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Look at Mueller's best year. Look at Pacioretty's best year. Even when healthy, Pacioretty is better than Mueller. More goals, same number of assists, more points, more physical, and better defensively. Where am I wrong?

Mueller is a talented player. I have no issue with that. However, Pacioretty has shown consistent improvement, year-after-year INCLUDING in his injury depleted year. Mueller can not say the same. Even in his second year he dropped significantly in goals, assists, and total points while only playing 9 less games. In 2009-2010, Mueller got more points for the Avs in 15 games than he got for them in 32 games last season! Mueller has done nothing to put himself in Pacioretty's class at this time.

I am not sticking up for Pacioretty because he is a Habs player, I am pointing out that Mueller is not as good as Pacioretty based on the different levels of success they have had as demonstrated by what they have done on the ice.
If you have no issues with Mueller being a talented player, why did you take offense to my post. I merely pointed out that Mueller is as talented as Pacioretty, I never said he was a better player because he hasn't had the opportunity to prove that yet.

Mueller had one of the worst concussions of the past decade, it completely derailed his breakout season. But it's ludicrous to say Mueller is not as talented as Patches, he easily has the offensive potential to outproduce Pacioretty. If you watched him last season you'd be able to recognize that it wasn't his hockey game which was lacking, it was his conditioning due to the fact he was forbidden from working out for nearly 2 years.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote