Thread: Value of: Cory Schneider
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
The most likely team Schneider will be playing for next season will be Columbus, not Vancouver. The Blue Jackets have the ability to offer quality assets and picks without harming the team while at the same time not only improving their team at goal, but actually obtaining a franchise level goalie they can build a team around well before that goalie even begins to enter his prime years.

It will cost the CBJ's to force Gillis to trade Schneider rather than Luongo, but they are one team that can afford to overpay in order to target a key player they want.

Next season CBJ will start (1) solid in goal for years to come, (2) with another franchise level player they pick this year at 2nd overall and (3) either keeping Nash or getting far more assets then they give up to acquire Schneider. I can't see the Blue Jackets not becoming a perenial playoff team and even a cup contender.

To get Schneider, as I say it's going to require overpaying, but the Blue Jackets will be a better team in the long run for it.

To Columbus:
Cory Schneider, heads above any other available goalie and of an age that fits CBJ to build the team around.

To Vancouver: (asks for a roster ready player, a top prospect & a draft pick)
a young playmaking/scoring player they can use with Kesler now: Ryan Johansen.
a solid prospect RD the Canucks can groom to play with Edler: Cody Goloubef.
Columbus' own 2012 second round pick (#31)
Thats all it would take?

TB would offer Connolly+Detroit 1st+pick a dman not named Hedman or Barberio. Which I would think is at least on par with the above if not slightly better. And it would put Schneider out of the conference.

For ME, thats a lot to pay for a goalie who has 70 games experience, but his value has definitely gone up recently. And I do agree with you that I dont think hes with the Canucks next season.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote