View Single Post
Old
05-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Thats all it would take?

TB would offer Connolly+Detroit 1st+pick a dman not named Hedman or Barberio. Which I would think is at least on par with the above if not slightly better. And it would put Schneider out of the conference.

For ME, thats a lot to pay for a goalie who has 70 games experience, but his value has definitely gone up recently. And I do agree with you that I dont think hes with the Canucks next season.
From a Canucks point of view, your TB offer for Schneider is less than my suggested CBJ offer. Though Connolly would be of interest, the Canucks would value Johansen more (he can play top six centre, a possition due to ther trading of Hodgson the Canucks are thin at). Equally Goloubef, being a solid RD prospect would interest the Canucks more than any TB defense prospect other then Hedman. The 19th overall pick is obviously better then the 31st overall pick, but to the Canucks, the draft picks would interest the Canucks the least of a roster player, a prospect and a pick.

What you offered likely would be enough to spark interest in the Canucks for Luongo (TB might still need to add a bit more), but definatley would not sway Gillis to trade Schneider rather than Luongo.

GM's seldom trade just to get equal value. GM's target specific players at a specific position the club needs to improve at. If so called trade values aren't equal so what. Getting that player improves the team, unless the trade creates a bigger hole in the lineup somewhere else. Burke's Kessel trade was a great example of this. Gillis also targetted Kassian when he likely could have gotten better trade value with another club for Hodgson. What Gillis wanted was what Kassian can bring to the table ( & to the Canucks) that no other available player could bring. Kassian fills a Canuck team need which has now been solved.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote