05-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That sounds more like something the Sharks want for Nabokov. There was a similar rumor being floated around the 2006 draft when the Kings were in talks with Florida to acquire Roberto Luongo, but Lombardi wouldn't make a deal without Luongo signing a contract extension.

There was also the rumored trade that would have sent Frolov and Stoll to San Jose for Patrick Marleau in a three-way trade with Ottawa, with the Sharks receiving Heatley and sending Frolov and Stoll in exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Never heard this one, but I know Blake was offered for Nabokov and Blake wouldn't waive his NTC. Just one more thing that endears him to all Kings fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
DL must have really hated frolov if this is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This rumor reminds me of the Kopitar for Khabibulin rumor that was floated around and was laughed at. I would bet everything I own that Dean never offered that, and if for some reason it was discussed, it was because Dean inquired and the Sharks countered with that. Mainly because of the reason we are sitting here today with two Kings drafted goaltenders. Dean Lombardi's #1 mission statement when he first joined the team, like it was with the Sharks, which resonated the first half of his tenure here in LA, was to draft and develop LA's own starting goaltending talent. He was never serious about acquiring any #1's or elites around the league, other than maybe trading for a young Luongo at the very beginning and drafting a Bernier to have a long continuation, but he was mainly only interested in stopgap goaltenders that could get us to Bernier or someone else internally. There is no way that was offered from the Kings, that is like saying the Capitals were considering a deal of Clowe, Pavelski, and Niemi for Vokoun at the deadline.

I won't deny that Dean probably asked about Nabby, but to say that he offered the farm for him is ridiculous. I could see him offering Rob Blake or a small/moderate price for him as a stopgap and mentor for his young goaltenders, but never as a serious option of we are spending big for an elite goaltender to take us to glory. Dean wanted a young goaltender to develop for the core because he wanted the team to grow and always be in competition because of that starting talent, like Kipper in Calgary. They are always right on the bubble there because they have had a fantastic starter that guarantees them 35-40+ wins for almost a decade.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2...ory?id=2499824

It says DL offered, but Wilson declined (damnit).

BTW, you guys have something special going on this postseason.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote