View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 12:07 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
I really don't agree with the Doan hit being dirty. All the analysts have been saying the same thing, Lewis turned at the last second when Doan was already near the hit. They didn't even see that as a game misconduct and I agree with them. If you don't agree with the analysts, then you should at least give weight to DS who said it was a hockey play and he didn't have a problem with that hit. Even he commented that Lewis turned late, he wasn't "defenseless" as defined by the rules

Smith, Morris, and Hanzal were dirty though. Hanzal should get a suspension. Smith won't because there's been no precedence and I don't think they'll use playoffs to set it. But I definitely think they should. That was blatant intent to injure. There's nothing hockey to that.
Someone brought this up after the Smith chop during the broadcast, that back in the day if a goalie did that, he'd expect to get run and it'd be done. Now, a goalie can do it and if you retaliate at all you could be the one facing a suspension.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote