View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Watching the hit on Brown again, the most disgusting thing is seeing the reaction in the crowd. How can people be standing and clapping and cheering as a guy lays motionless on the ice. Sometimes the things I see at sporting events make me lose faith in humanity. You see NFL fans cheering after helmet to helmet hits, you see fans cheering in baseball when guys get thrown at, and in hockey you have people who cheer for cheapshots and fights. Not to mention the people themselves who fight and say awful things in the stands.

I don't know if it's the adrenaline flowing, the alcohol flowing, maybe a combination of both. But some people just turn into monsters the second they go through a turnstile.

I've had this feeling since I was 15 and I saw grown men with their children at the Forum cheering for Matt Johnson and mocking Buekeboom after MJ cheapshotted him with what turned out to be a career ending sucker punch.

You would think with all the new information on head injuries that more respect would be shown, but sadly not.

Last edited by Herby: 05-16-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote