Thread: Speculation: Will Jonas Holos make a return?
View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Dalfan

vCash: 500
I met Holos at the airport last season when he was called up from the monsters. Ever since then I've been following him and his international play and absolutely loved him.

However, The avalanhce have no rights to Holos and he was released early this season by request in order to play in Europe. I don't know why every single avalanche fan ITT missed that.

Quote:
He tried to make the Avs again this year, but was cut. He did not play for the Monsters after being sent down. The Avs would have to release Holos from his contract with the organization to let him go back to Europe. I believe that will be granted.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...o-europe/8566/

Which is what happened as he played overseas all season. So no, we don't have any rights to him and, as much as I would love it, I highly doubt to see him back here.

Wikipedia:

Quote:
After failing to take a spot in the Avalanche's team for the 2011–12 season, Holøs asked for his release from the Avalanche organization on October 14, 2011, to move back to Europe. Two days later he was reassigned by the Colorado Avalanche to a two-year deal (expiring after the 2012–13 season) with the newcomers Växjö Lakers Hockey of the Swedish top-tier league Elitserien (SEL).
http://www.vaxjolakers.se/artikel/10600/

I expect to see him in the NHL somewhere after this WC performance. Even the Lakers coach Per Backman stated that he is incredible and should be playing in the NHL.

Quote:
Holos is one of the World Cup's best slopes. I do not understand that he is not playing in the NHL - he's too good for the top division. Holos and (Ole-Kristian) Tollefsen play 30 minutes each to Norway, we have not the quality of our team. We also have no back with this shot as Holos said Bäckman to hockeysverige.se.
GO NORWAY SCREW VARLY

Last edited by Dalfan: 05-16-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Dalfan is offline   Reply With Quote