Thread: Speculation: Offseason Media Speculation
View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
obviously the too slow to get out of the way comment was a joke, so its not evidence of anything. I don't even hate Babchuk, I just don't see a place for him on this team in any capacity, I also question his character for the reasons I stated previously.

I do not want him on this team because I believe that no defense pairing should be made up of 2 guys that need to play sheltered minutes because of them lacking on the defensive side of the game and we now have Brodie who while still lacking defensively is better in his own end than Babchuk, is much more mobile than Babchuk, is more physical than Babchuk, is a better puck mover than Babchuk and to top it off his cap hit more than $1,750,000 lower than Babchuk.

As long as Brodie is in our plans (and he should be as I am sure we can all agree) then there is no place for Babchuk in any capacity, or at least that is how I see it. It would be better for Brodie (and the team) to pair TJ with a defensively sound veteran that can cover for Brodie's mistakes so that he can get more comfortable playing against tougher competition.

If for some reason Brodie did not make the NHL club next year, then I would want Babchuk on the team.
That's a fair point to be making about giving Brodie a Hannan to work with next season, but our blue line is short in RH shots. And especially heavy ones.
You can question his character with the previous incidents but I'll be judging by the recent example of seeing his impact when he got the ice time.

Pairing him with Smith as a 5/6 might not be too bad so long as we find Sarich the fountain of Youth.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote