View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Given the magnitude of changes that were made after BB left, it was dumb of George to make the change mid season. Sure hindsight is 20/20 but 500 hockey aside, we looked ugly in our new systems so more time was needed to learn it, or determine that our players just couldn't do it. Maybe it was the teachers, but that could have been determined as well.

While I appreciate that he gave Bruce one more chance, he wrongly thought things would change. We handily beat the Rangers which had to have helped BB keep his job. But who had lost Callahan, who I thought was their best player. Then we got swept.

George loaded up our playoff roster last summer and said as such, almost as if he had decided the coach/system for the entire season. And while it was nice for the players to know they wouldn't be traded, I would have liked to keep them more motivated. Then he pulls the cord and changes near everything, but not a single player added to supplement what were radical changes in what we did on the ice. No player sacrificed, to wake up and shake up the team.

George is trying but is gun shy. He has to look no further than our own history, to see the effect big roster trades have. Yes George, ship out quality players (Walter for Langway) or picks (the package to get Dale). Live dangerously for a year. Keeping the core intact, hording firsts, implies the core is not flawed and meshes perfectly, and you won't miss on 1sts.