View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
You'd think you were an Isles fan the way you gush about JT.

I know you've always loved the guy LG, he really is a special talent. I know people love to project how good some of the kids around the NHL will be, but Tavares is doing it and living up to his crazy hyped up billing. He's only going to get better and I cannot see how he hasn't locked up a spot for 2014. It would not surprise me in the least if he leads Team Canada in scoring as he just always seems to do when he puts on that jersey.

As Mr. C alluded to in his post, JT has always answered the call for Canada and excelled. He was the face of that 2008 WJC gold medal team before the tourney and certainly came up big when it mattered. The evolution of his game has been impressive as he has really developed into a complete player who can really play any style because he's that smart on the ice. From what I've seen from him in this year's WJC, the thing that impresses me the most about him is his commitment to backchecking. I've seen almost every game he's ever played the last 3 years so I already knew how skilled he was, but watching him put his head down and bust his nuggets from one end of the rink to the other to cover his man gives me goosebumps. Tavares cares and I think he's going to be an integral piece of the 2014 team.
I will be shocked if Tavares is not on one of Canada's top 2 lines in 2014. He has proven himself in the NHL and done even more internationally.

It's not good that Methot is suspended, but he did deserve it. Hopefully Murray is able to handle some shifts against Slovakia.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote