View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The only reason you should trade Stastny is because he doesn't fit long-term with your team. You're not a contending team, asset management should be the number one driver here. Maybe other players fill your needs better, but I think you are over valuing your guy.

Stastny has this year and next year until he becomes UFA. If you wait a year or a year and a half he becomes valued like a rental, which will be lower than what is on the table. His next contract will probably be in the 8 years - $50 million or so range, I doubt it will be much less than that.
So the Avs are NOT a contending team right now so we should trade a guy who just turned 26 years old to get 'younger'?? [Psst - there is NOT one team in the NHL with a younger core group than what the Avs have]

Would you like to see the list of players who can become UFAs in TWO years? I haven't done the research but my guess is it's pretty long. Unless you have insider information that he wants out???

So wait, Stastny's value will be lower and by account of almost all Habs fans, he's 'overpaid' at his current contract of $6.6M but his NEXT contract will pay him an average salary of $6.25M over 8 years???

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote