05-16-2012, 11:25 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
he only scores in blowouts

yeah i said it
So far I'm very happy with the results of the traded and would want the Flyers to do it all over again if I went back in time and had the ability to stop it. That said I like Carter seems like a nice guy. I understand some of the criticism of him, but not all of it. For example he didn't produce as much in the playoffs but to be fair he was injured during or before most of our playoff runs which is going to hurt his production. He doesn't only score in blow outs he has 40 game winning goals most of them probably weren't scored in a blow out or were scored at a time when the game wasn't a blow out. Plus last night's game was only a blow out because he scored 3 of 4 goals.

I don't know why anyone would be mad about Carter being so upset about being traded. I thought it was awesome he was so upset that the Flyers traded him. I love Richie (and always liked him much more than Carter), but I disliked the way he left a lot more. Some of the comments he made on the way out I felt were off putting and kind of d-baggy. Anyway, not sure why anyone would be surprised about the lack of production in Columbus. If he was sulking or ecstatic that team was a disaster and the idea of playing him with Nash was terrible they play a similar game, and on that doesn't compliment each other. Plus again he was injured a decent amount of time he was there.

Either way I can see being happy about the trade. I can see him not being someones favorite player, but not sure I see justification for really hating the guy.