View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
teris

vCash: 500
It means a happy ending to the tournament to me as a Finn. Hardly anyone outside Finland would rank us third in a tournament beforehand. At least we get to end the tournament after a win.

But right now, since it's been a few years and the wounds have healed, I do prefer the silver medal in the 2007 Worlds over the bronze medal in 2008, despite how it was the opposite right after those tournaments. Just because of winning the last game. The bronze medal is to be enjoyed for that moment, unless you're France or something.

The bronze medal game suits the Olympics and the World Championships, but I also don't mind the absence of it in the World Cup. I bet Switzerland, Germany or Latvia would be absolutely delighted to win bronze and I really hope that happens soon again.

On another note, I'm not sure if it's the same in other European leagues, but the SM-liiga and the lower leagues in Finland, in my opinion, really need to get rid of the bronze medal game. It's just not suited for league games.

teris is offline   Reply With Quote