Old
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
pavelski would be lucky to score 10 goals in columbus

he's not nearly as talented as Nash

theres a reason that the Sharks consistently fall short in the playoffs and Pavelski is a major part of that

nobody in their right mind all things being equal salary wise, would take pavelski over Nash,

you wanna say Nash is paid too much fine, but you cant say Pavelski is his equal as a player, because frankly thats assinine
Pavelski is his equal as a player. He's not his equal in talent (which i have said several times) but he is absolutely out-performing him at half the value.

And your 10 goals comment is what is asinine. He scored 20 goals with Torrey Mitchell and Kyle Wellwood for gods sake, on our 3rd line.

Here is my challenge to you (which I am sure you will ignore):

1) Find statistical proof over the last two seasons (beceause we base the value of a player on what he is doing today, not 3-5 years ago) where Rick Nash is clearly superior. Keep in mind, whatever your results are need to be $3.8M better.

2) Find statistical proof of 'elite' players being moved from poor teams to good teams and where their stats increased significantly. You cannot use players who were injured during their final season with the team they left, last healthy season only.

If you actually do those things, you will understand my argument.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote