View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep.

Trading Wellwood for him would be a huge mistake. Wellwood is one of the very few forwards who understand the defensive part of his role, and will be a good 3rd/4th liner who excels on the PK forever.
Yeeeaaahhh, now you're taking it a little too far. I can see not wanting trae Voracek for Stewart because of his questionable work ehtic but Stewart for Wellwood is a no brainer that you do 7 days a week.

I like the idea of buying low with Stewart. The guy was a 28 goal scorer in back to back seasons. He had like 3 less goals then Voracek this season.

He doesn't fit Hitch's trapping system but he may be a 25-30 goal scorer in Lavy's more up tempo system. Everyone ridiculed Hartnell for being out of shape but he turned himself around to play in Lavy's system.

I wouldn't be upset if they traded Voracek for Stewart. You just have to cross your fingers that he can be committed to staying in shape. They could end up with a 230lb 30 goal scorer that can drop the gloves or you can end up with Dustin Penner.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote