View Single Post
Old
05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
KawaYui

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Sometimes I just don't even know where to start, when it comes to your posts on this subject. Staal doesn't meet your definition of "cornerstone", so he's not worth acquiring even though he's better than any centre (possibly any player, including MaxPac) we currently have. Oka~y. Then to say he has been "solid" as a "#2" for the last 2 years, when he's in the exact same role he has been stuck in since he joined a team 6 years ago already featuring Malkin and Crosby, made the All-Rookie team 5 years ago, and already earned a defensive reputation by '08/09 leading into a top 3 Selke finish for the '90/10 season. And of course he wasn't playing against the best checkers, he has been playing against the best players in the NHL for years now.

edit: Oh, and I forgot. The Pens have been missing Malkin, Crosby, or both, at various times over the past couple of years, so Staal has faced top defenders. And you know what? His production increased to what would be a roughly 70 point pace over a full season. So, a 23 year old who is already showing the potential for 70(+?) point seasons, who has already been recognized as a Selke finalist for his defensive play... and a 3rd overall pick, who we have to assume isn't going to be Yakupov or Murray... I dunno man, it's at least a really hard decision, and relies heavily on what Timmins thinks of Gally/Grigs/Whomever.
Do you really want to do like the maple leafs? trade draft picks for nhl players ..

KawaYui is offline   Reply With Quote