: Post-Game Talk:
The "I Guess I've Got To Do It" Edition: Game 2: Rangers vs. Devils
View Single Post
05-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Just saw the game on DVR. Some thoughts
1. Devils wanted this game much more than the Rangers. Rangers never had the puck, can't clear the zone, can't hold a lead, can't finish their offensive zone chances, can't keep the puck in the zone on the power play (I know they scored 2 PP goals, one game rocketing off the boards, other was a great deflection by Kreider).
2. Kreider, the defense except for the obvious were great. The rest of the team reeked. In particular, Callahan has to bring more offensively. I know he tries hard, but he scored 30 goals this season, and didn't even have a sniff tonight.
3. Criticism of Marian Gaborik is absolutely deserved. Sorry, he EARNED his chateau bow-wow time, he was doing nothing. There was plenty of open ice for him to score and he did nothing.
4. I like Bickel's attitude. Unfortunately, he handles the puck like an atom bomb, just trying to chip it around the boards. That puck should have been long out of the zone.
5. Lost in all this is that Lundqvist was excellent tonight, he had zero chance on any of the goals, and he made some spectacular saves. Wasted effort.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ltsthinaz